Helping conserve the environment doesn't have to be difficult, time-consuming or expensive. We believe that starting small is the key to making a big difference! So the Savvy Squad curated 17 easy ways you can do to help the environment:
- Donate food to local food bank by finding your location at FeedingAmerica.org
- Avoid waste! Learn how to make leftovers.
- Use garbage disposal sparingly and compost instead. Here's how to make your own compost.
- Bring your own shopping bag when you go grocery shopping, HuffPost tells you why.
- Ditch the car and bike to work! It's not only good for the planet but it has other great benefits!
- But if you must drive, get your car cleaned at eco-friendly car wash. You can also follow these tips to clean it at home in an eco-friendly way.
- Use Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs. (ptsss! This will also save you a ton of cash).
- Get a reusable water bottle.
- Make your own chemical-free cleaning products! It's not so hard, here is how you can do it.
- Start growing your own fruits and vegetables indoors! It's a great activity to relax and help the planet at the same time. Here are 16 fruits and veggies to start with (spoiler alert: one of them is Avocado!)
- Shop locally grown produce from the farmer’s market near you.
- No plans for the weekend? Invite all your friends over to paint your roof white. You will save 20% to 40% on energy bill.
- Instead of buying one more shirt you're not quite sure about and will wear twice, consider donating to high-impact charities. Don't worry if you don't know any, here is a list for you.
- Pay bills online instead of on paper and save 23 pounds of wood.
- Make your shower the length of a 3-minute song. Pick your favorite song and save up to 10 gallons of water from the average 8 minute shower.
- If you have to wait for the water to heat up, place a bucket inside the shower and use it to wash your car or water your plants.
- Shop only for clothes that you need, there are some great eco friendly brands like Everlane, Fair Trade Winds and Patagonia, that will make you look on trend.
Easy, right? If you liked this list, stay tuned because we have much more where this came from. Don't forget to share this list to your friends and family!
Thanks for caring!
The Savvy Squad